Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A healthier life

After the 1st workout!

After having to buy clothes in size XXL and realizing that I weighed over 220 lbs (I'm only 5' 8"), I've decided to get healthier. I figure the best way to do this is to make small, realistic changes. Here's my plan:

  • No more sodas. Sparkling water is ok.
  • When eating fast food, I'm no longer making my combo larger.
  • When eating out, I find a healthier option. (Ex: Instead of a cheeseburger I'm getting a grilled chicken sandwich)
  • Walk 1 mile per day.
I'm hoping to add to this list later. I started one week ago and I'm doing pretty well. I'm keeping a spreadsheet with my numbers: miles walked, sit ups, weight, etc. I record my exercise everyday and my weight and other measurements every week. Here's how things are looking after one week:
  • Weight: -3.2 lbs
  • Bust: 0
  • Band: 0
  • Waist: -2"
  • Hips: 0

I’m not posting the actual numbers because, honestly, I’m pretty embarrassed. Instead I’m going to post comparisons to my starting measurements. As you can see above I’m already down a few pounds and I’ve lost a little bit in my waist. I’m debating whether I want to post photos. I think after I have some more obvious results that I will post a before-and-after set of photos.
-Clare G. S.

P.S. - Thanks to PokemonGo for giving me some motivation. My real motivation is to avoid health issues and to fit better into my clothes but I won't see that for months. PokemonGo has given me a very immediate reward. :)

2 comments:

  1. Clare! This is a great start to healthy habits. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete