Monday, August 15, 2016

Mish Mash

So much is happening right now that it is hard to organize it all. Let's do some sections, shall we? Feel free to skip the sections that don't interest you. :)

Home
Ooooh. Big, shiny new A/C unit!
We've had a fair amount of rain in the last week. One night I heard a dripping on the ceiling. Well, it looks like a vent in our roof was not properly sealed and since we had a new A/C system put in that leak now hits the ceiling of a closet (it was the A/C closet). My husband cut a hole out of the (very damp) drywall of the ceiling of the closet and we have a bucket under it. That wasn't too much fun.

Car
Yesterday my husband and I went to the school to get some work done since classes begin in just over a week. Well, on our way there a pick-up truck decided to make a left turn into our lane. I don't know how he didn't see us but he nearly ran us over. Luckily I had quick reflexes and swerved into the other lane and hit my horn. Our vehicles barely missed each other. I'm so glad there was no one in that lane because I didn't have time to check! The guy drove on. I had to pull off the road because it shook me up pretty bad. I've been in a few car accidents and I just don't do well with them.

School
Window cover I made for hard lock downs
The cover rolls up. Thanks, Velcro!

I'm in a new classroom this year so I started setting it up last Thursday. Things are moving along. Unfortunately the previous teacher didn't do anything about the students writing on the wall so I have some *ahem* interesting drawings and language that needs to be painted over. I erased what was done in pencil. My biggest problem was my closet. I have this awesome, big built-in closet with a lock. The problem is that it was locked and no one knew where the key was. Today someone in our custodial staff got a new key for me! Yay!

Health
I didn't take my walk Saturday. :( It had rained a lot and, honestly, I wanted to sleep in just one last time before I go back to work. I walked on Sunday! I also took my measurements. Remember, these numbers are compared to my starting point.
  • Weight: -.8
  • Bust: 0
  • Band: 0
  • Waist: -1"
  • Hips: -.5"
No real results yet since 1) my changes are small 2) weight naturally fluctuates some and 3) measuring myself is hard! I'm also trying to make a conscious effort to drink more water. I recently saw a video of a kidney stone being removed. I don't know why the heck I watched it but OH MY GOSH, that is motivation to drink water!

Looking Ahead
Tomorrow I am co-presenting with my husband and a co-worker at our professional development. I'm hoping it goes well! The rest of this week is in-service. :(

That's all for now, folks! See ya Wednesday!
-Clare G. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment