Monday, August 29, 2016

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Today was pretty darn awful. I don't feel like writing but I want to give an update so I'm doing bullet points today.

  • We left the house nearly 20 minutes late. I hate being late. This meant I didn't have time to finish all my copies, etc.
  • The dogs got tangled in their leads 3 times before we even left the house. (They are on a trolley system because we are missing a large chunk of our fence. That's a whole 'nother story)
  • The dogs knocked over the water just as I was about to leave so I had to go refill their water. (Small annoyance, I know)
  • There was a physical fight in one of my classes. I've never had a physical fight in my classroom.
  • Because of the above some of my co-workers saw me cry with frustration during PLC (meeting with our teams and/or department)
  • The usual student interruptions from talking and such.
  • A student complaining so much about having to take notes that I had to talk to him outside because I couldn't continue my lesson.
  • They added a new student to my largest class so I now have 34 students and only 28 desks. (Nutshell explanation: we had many more student enroll this year than projected. We need to hire more teachers)
  • Gene Wilder died.
My husband pointed out that I did everything I could to try to prevent the fight from happening and that it had nothing to do with me nor my class. Still, I feel crappy about it. It took so long to get my class back on task afterward. They are already a "lively" group and this just killed the class period.

Happy Stuff
Because, darn it, I've got to look at the bright side.
  • A student who would not stop talking (I moved his seat, talked to his parent/guardian, talked to him one-on-one) was a little better today.
  • A student told my husband that I'm a very kind person.
  • One of my co-workers (I called her K in a previous post) gave me a big hug after the whole fight ordeal.
  • All of the parents I have talked to have been very level headed and want to help their students succeed.
  • I let myself have a Dr Pepper and it was good.
  • See below for my health update. It's really good!
I haven't been working out much because school has taken over. I couldn't walk my planned 2 miles on Saturday because my butt was sore. I forgot how much I walk during the day when I have class! I only walked 1 mile last week but I walked 2 miles on Sunday. Here are the numbers:
  • Weight: -6 lbs
  • Bust: 0"
  • Band: -1"
  • Waist: -2.5"
  • Hips: -.5"
I have to run off. There is plenty of paperwork that I really need to do. If you are the praying type, I could really use some prayers. Thanks!


-Clare G. S.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you try to find the positive side! It can be hard at times but you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete