Monday, August 8, 2016

Introduction

Introduction

Hello there! I'm starting a new blog mostly for accountability. I'm trying to be healthier so this is where I will post updates on that journey. I'm also hoping to put some updates about my new job: teaching algebra! I've taught Spanish levels 3-5 at the high school level for the past 4 years. This will be my first year teaching math of any kind.

What you should know about me:
  • Name: Clare
  • Age: late 20's
  • Married
  • Pets: 2 macaws, 2 dogs, lots of cichlids (fish)
  • Location: Texas, USA
  • Religion: Episcopalian (former Roman Catholic)
  • Education: BA in Spanish with a minor in Mathematics
 I'm sure some of you will want to know why this blog is called "Life of Phi". It's a play on a book I love, Life of Pi. My favorite irrational number is phi, aka the golden ratio. I figure the title reflects my love of math and reading.

I think that's a decent introduction. ¡Hasta luego!
Clare G. S.

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Excited for the journey you're beginning! Go girl!! -jeanne

    ReplyDelete